Aitken Lawyers provide strategic advice to insolvency professionals, accountants and business advisers on the best approach for their clients and organisations. We act for creditors, insolvency practitioners, liquidators, administrators and receivers on insolvency related issues.
Our experience enables us to understand the whole spectrum of corporate distress, including creditor work-outs, restructure arrangements, debt and equity restructurings, security enforcement and providing advice on formal insolvency administrations, unfair preferences and other insolvent transactions, contested proofs of debt and asset recovery.
As a creditor, there are a myriad of complexities surrounding corporate insolvency:
- what is the most efficient action to take to recover debts;
- how do you deal with liquidators, administrators and receivers once they’re controlling the debtor company;
- how do you compete with creditors – who is secured and who is not.
Often, all these issues (and more) need to be addressed in a very short space of time.
We provide the commercial and cost effective solutions for you guiding you through the complexities surrounding insolvency, bankruptcy and financial distress and can deliver sensible and pragmatic advice during what can be a stressful and disruptive period.
From maximising of shareholder and creditor returns through both formal and informal workouts; from advising directors and boards on their duties and obligations, we use a strategic approach to plan and implement solutions that are both practical and tailored to meet your commercial objectives.
The services we provide include:
- Acting for official and registered liquidators, administrators, receivers and managers
- Voluntary administrations, acting for corporates in distress and assisting business to trade out, sell or otherwise survive through a deed of company arrangement
- Public and private company liquidations and receiverships
- Public examinations of directors
- Litigation, including Statutory Demands and winding up applications (for creditors, directors and shareholders
- Advising company directors, borrowers and guarantors
- ATO notices and claims against directors
- Personal Property Securities Act (PPS) advice and enforcement;
- Directors duties issues
- ASIC inquiries and claims
- Resolution of shareholder disputes through the use of insolvency laws
For more information on insolvency and business turnaround talk to our team today on 02 8987 0000.