DEBT RECOVERY LAWYERS
If you’re sick and tired of customers not paying you, paying you outside trading terms, or you simply can’t keep an eye on your debtors because the business is growing too quickly, we can help.
If you’re sick and tired of customers not paying you, paying you outside trading terms, or you simply can’t keep an eye on your debtors because the business is growing too quickly, there is a solution and that is where debt recovery lawyers come in.
With more than 18 years’ experience in debt recovery, we understand that recovering debtors can be tiresome, frustrating or just down right unfair – you’ve done the work, delivered a great product so why won’t they just pay ?
We believe that prevention is better than the cure.
We are results driven and we will provide you with a comprehensive recovery service including:
- simple letters of demand and instalment agreements
- preparing and issuing Statutory Demands and Bankruptcy Notices, winding up companies and bankruptcy proceedings in the Supreme and Federal Courts
- Court proceedings, from start to finish, throughout NSW (in the Local, District and Supreme Courts)
- Enforcement of judgments including, examination of debtors, writs of execution, garnishee notices and guarantor recovery
- Negotiating debt settlement agreements and drafting loan and security agreements and associated documentation to secure payment to you
- Advising you on the Personal Properties Security Act and how to properly secure your debts
Making sure your debtors are in hand is key and we recognise the importance of getting this right from the outset – a set of clear well-drafted terms of trade and/or credit is vital. It sets up the contractual relationship by which you and your customers or clients will interact and for the supplier provides the foundation for any recovery. Establishing and maintaining good debt recovery systems to ensure those debts are actioned promptly and efficiently will also save you in the long run.
But if they just won’t pay, ignore your requests or are simply uncontactable, we can help you, so you can get on with business.
At Aitken Lawyers, we’re debt recovery lawyers – not a debt collection agency.
We understand that with good debtor management, your business will not only survive through the difficult economic periods but thrive, giving you the opportunity to focus on building your business and minimising risk of bad debts and business losses.
At Aitken our team of debt recovery lawyers is led by Walter MacCallum, Head of Commercial Litigation. If you’d like to know more, please don’t hesitate to contact our debt recovery team on (02) 8987 0000.
Other Business & Commercial Services
Please get in touch or send us a message using the form to the right.
75 Elizabeth St
Sydney NSW 2000
+61 2 8987 0000